Thursday, August 21, 2008

Halloween Bandanna

This stamp from Artistic Outpost it just perfect for the bandanna technique! The background is purple and crimson Memories dye ink, sponged on white cardstock. I almost threw it away...I didn't really like the way the colors came out at first. I decided to use it for practice and ended up loving the color. To make the swirls go all the way around the card, I inked that portion of the stamp and kept stamping and rotating, until it was covered. I hated covering it up - it was so pretty! I have a friend that says you're not supposed to fall in love with your backgrounds. If you do, you're supposed to paint over it and start again....or something like that. Ack! If I did that, I would never get anything done. Am I the only one who hates covering up?

4 comments:

  1. great card the back ground is really great..yes there are times that I hate to stamp over and cover up my backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love great backgrounds and can't imagine paining over/starting over! :) This is a gorgeous card, Shelly. I have this plate sitting on my desk - should get it trimmed up and play a bit today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card and FAB use of the bandana technique - i have been loving that one too! and yes i almost always hate covering up my backgrounds so sometimes i make extra big ones and use them in my scrapbooks so more can show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card ~ the colors are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!