Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tim's Tag - Day 7

Not sure what I think of this one - definitely more 'crafty' than artsy! It kinda took me back to my early crafting days. I got a little nostalgic thinking back to living in Texas w/my babies, making all kinds of crafty things. Now my babies are 16 and 19 and roll their eyes when I ask them if they want to stamp! Can't imagine why......

For this tag I just couldn't get into Tim's colors. Cool is always hard for me, so I just went with what felt right. No, red and green isn't very snowy, but I love the look of this. Part of my decision was that I only had Antique Linen crackle paint. I thought it would look much better with a vintage-y color palette. All the snowman pieces were improvised and cut from a large sheet of Grungeboard. My little arms are made from rusted twisted wire from RockCandy Studios. My snow...sigh. More improvisation that went a little awry. Suffice it to say that crumbled styrofoam doesn't really make great snow. ;-)

Looking forward to tomorrow's tag......

9 comments:

  1. But you do get an "A" for effort... Who would have thought to try using styrofoam for snow... I think it looks "cute"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous tag -I love it. Wonderful snowman and love the snow effect brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, Shelly, I think I like your tag a bit better. Tim is doing so much product advertising, he is losing out, I think, on his artistic skills. Unfortunately, I have been so busy this weekend, I have not been able to try his ideas--any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the vintage look of the snowman....great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love te vintage tones, and I think the tag is great, the snow man is cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. the ongoing debate between crafty and artsy is an amusing one...I think what you meant is that it's folksy...which means charming in my book. I've attempted mine which looks directly like his...and I'll upload last couple in a few days...I'm loving all your takes on his tags and I do think you need to do a GREEN Challenge...like this week...the challenge is "pop tops" from soda cans...I mean it would be a hooT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your snowman better than Tim's because it's a little more proportional. (Why is Tim's snowman head so small? When Tim was a boy could he not lift a big snowball past his shoulders?) I don't know how the crumbled styrofoam looks in real life, but it photographs well.

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leave it to you to think of using the twisted wire for the arms! Makes me want snow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!