Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tim's Tag Day 3

Another cool tag today with a technique I've never tried. I love this alcohol ink plaid! It is just too cool. Again, I was missing quite a few of the elements Tim used, but I found some good workarounds. First, I don't have black alcohol ink. I was ok with that though, because I knew I wanted a lighter, kind of shabby chic look and black stripes would definitely be out of place. My plaid is more of a preppy plaid than a lumberjack plaid. :-)

The other things I didn't have were the washers and philosophy tag. For the washers, I used the same technique as I did on yesterday's flower, but I used silver and white embossing powders. The circle is a 1/2" punch from Stampin' Up. For the tag, I made it similar to the one I did here, but I added ep over the top to give it the same texture as the faux washers.

Finally, I added a stamped image from Oxford Impressions' Season of Giving collection, and finished my tag with the Drywall Stitching technique from the April/May '09 issue of the Technique Junkie newsletter.

Again, I can't wait for tomorrow's tag - the first thing I do each morning is check out Tim's blog and see the new tag (ok, I also look to see if I won!). If you're following along too, please leave me a link to your blog so I can come and check out your tags!

6 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I'm going to try to do some of the tag techniques this weekend. I have trouble working on one when I don't have everything he uses. I need to improvise! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful, Shelly! Isn't the plaid technique interesting?? I didn't have 'fun' with it the first 6 tries! ;=) Love your colors, and the image is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...incredible. That pattern looks just like a pair of shorts I used to have:)
    A very bright and springlike background, Shelly! Turned out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shelly, I just simply LOVE your tag!

    Don't come looking to see mine yet. I'm not able to start working on my tags until the 13th *sigh*

    I sure am enjoying watching the rest of you make YOURS though. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!