Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Spell Has Been Broken! + World Card Making Day


I'm sure if you follow my blog, you've noticed the total lack of posting for the past few months. I'm perfectly ok, I just seemed to have misplaced my mojo. It happens to me every summer - as an Oregon girl, I am just not meant to endure these hot, humid Mississippi summers. This summer has been particularly hot and horrible and I totally lost the urge to stamp or do any sort of art. It has finally cooled off and I'm slowly getting back to work!


Did you know today is World Card Making Day? To celebrate, I decided to try my hand at making a Swing Card. It's the online bonus technique from the latest Technique Junkie newsletter. It is so fun and easy! I wish it showed up better in my pic. The stamps are from the new Haunted Halloween collection by Artistic Outpost - I absolutely adore these stamps!  To stamp the witch and sentiment, I used the Reverse Soot Stamping technique (Ultimate Subscriber bonus tech). It is the perfect technique for spooky Halloween cards. The pretty trim is from the new Outpost Attic Finds, also from Artistic Outpost. Be sure and check these out - they are gorgeous!

Thanks so much for stopping by - I've really missed you all! :-)

6 comments:

  1. I wondered where you had been. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!
    Wonderful card with a great stamp!
    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Halloween card, Shelly and that stamp set. Awesome!!! So glad you are back. Can't wait to see what you create next. Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card, Shelly! My e-mail came before I read this post -- go glad to know you are okay and we can be looking forward to seeing some more inspired art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see a post from you come up on my google reader! I always love seeing your creations. I know what you mean about the heat, this summer in Maine we had a stretch above 90 - just should not happen that far north!! Totally saps any ability you have. Here's to cooler weather :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Shelly! Welcome back!!! I'm having the same problem with my muse but for a different reason... Marva

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!