Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Vagabond Has Left the Building!

When you bring your Vagabond to Graceland for a photo shoot, be prepared for some stares and a lot of questions! "Um...excuse me, but...why, uh...are you taking pictures of that little suitcase?" Why, for the big Sizzix 'Where in the World is Your Vagabond?' promotion. Hello!? To be fair, I do tend to get a bit lost in my photography and the sight of someone practically stretched out on the sidewalk in front of Elvis' house taking pictures of a little suitcase is probably not what you expect to see when you're coming to see the King!

In case you didn't know (I didn't until recently) the walls that surround Graceland are covered with graffiti It is really pretty cool looking, and I thought it made a great background for my Vagabond.

Here it is sitting on top of the wall, with Graceland in the background. Would you believe I've lived about 20 minutes away from here for the past 10 years and never visited? I have friends who've lived in Memphis their whole lives and never been...it's just not something you do if you're a local, I guess. We did get to meet a lot of very nice and curious visitors which was really fun. I even had to demo the machine for one guy! I guess they will all have a little story to tell when they get home. :-)

In case you haven't heard of the promotion, Sizzix is sending a set of their new Gauge Keys and a sheet of new stickers (I got mine at CHA, you can see them on my machine) to everyone who shares a picture of their Vagabond on this post. You can read more about the keys and watch a video from Tim himself (rubber stamping's own Elvis) right here.

So, Don't Be Cruel to your Vagabond, get a set of Gauge Keys and make sure you're using the correct sandwich! Speaking of sandwiches, I'm suddenly craving a peanut butter and banana...



Man, Elvis was so sexy!

19 comments:

  1. How cool, Vagabond has gone on his holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would believe that you lived close by and never visited, I think we are all guilty of that. What an absolutely fabulous place to show off your Vagabond!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done so much shopping since I discovered your blog. Each time you post a new project I hop online and start ordering. My Husband has just seen me looking at this post and looks mildly concerned. lol Thanks for the awesome inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Graceland! I felt the presence of Elvis in the "jungle room"! Don't laugh....I really did! Also, I can't tell for sure if my signature is in your picture but it is on that wall :)

    Good luck on the vagabond promo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post more than I can say! Thank you for sharing your Vagabond love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! What a perfect spot for this photoshoot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! And thanks for the reminder about the keys!

    ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is one lucky vagabond! I'm well jel but in the nicest of ways, awesome photos x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a genius idea! Your Vagabond looks very at home! I love how you live so close and have never been - we all live near tourist places and just accept they are there and yet do the whole 'tourist' bit when away from home! When mine comes back from "Vagabond hospital" I'll play along too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are hilarious...can I borrow your machine to take a picture maybe at sun studios?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Genius idea!!! Love your Vagabond pics. And yes, Elvis was very sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photo. Was at Graceland a few years back and was shocked at how the walls were covered with graffiti from fans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very fun post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohy my heavens! I LOVE your picture. It cracked me up that your Vagabond machine has been to Graceland before I did! I had no idea it had graffiti on the walls. It looks cool! I am in NYC and I don't go to the Empire State bldg etc so I get the local thing. Thanks for making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it that your Vagabond has been to Graceland!! That may be the best Vagbond visit of all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun was that ?? Did not know peanut butter and banana sandwich was an Elvis thing. My dad used to make it for us ( minus the bacon, I'll have to try that ) and broil it ... so good !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Shelly, this is such a fun post! I'm with one of the other gals who commented that every time she sees something you've created she has to go out and buy something new. One of the things on my bucket list is to get to Graceland someday:) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shelly, you are too funny. Now you've got me thinking I should take mine to South Beach!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE your post!!! I just became a Happy owner of my new Buddy "Vaga" ... Bond... not James if you ask ;) I'm so excited & then going back to read some posts of other owners I'm ecstatic to learn so much & I appreciate you sharing. Ahmazing I've never seen Graceland so this is wonderful. HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!