Saturday, January 11, 2014

Time 2 Create - New CHA Releases!

Hi all! With CHA officially underway, I can finally start sharing the projects I created using Tim Holtz's new products from idea-ology, Sizzix, Stampers Anonymous, and Ranger! As always, I ran out of time before I ran out of ideas, but I did get a few good pieces made that I really love.

This little storage cart using Tim's new Matchbox die from Sizzix just might be my favorite project of all time! I knew when I first saw the die that I would make something like this. After I put the boxes together, they seemed so small, so I just started building and building!

In addition to the cool matchbox die, I love all of the new idea-ology bits and pieces! Here, I've used the Number Brads (they make great drawer pulls!), the Alpha Chips, and one of the arrows from the new Framed Alpha Parts. I also used the new Boardwalk alpha die to spell out 'time'. Oh, and that clock face that fits perfectly into the Pocket Watch die? It's included in the new Thrift Shop Ephemera pack. I was so tickled to discover that! The top is tied with a piece of Tim's new Jute String, which might be my favorite product this time around. Ah, who am I kidding? They are ALL my fave! ;-)

Speaking of time and creativity...I had a really nice surprise last month when I found out (thanks, Gloria!) the Assemblage Clock that I made for last year's CHA was featured in an idea-ology ad on the back of the latest issue of The Stampers' Sampler. How cool is that?! Some of you may not know that Stampers' Sampler was the first magazine I was ever published in - so it was a very special thing to have somewhat come full circle with my art. I still remember nervously submitting that first project too! It was a 'Tempting Template' challenge and I made an Indian-themed cup filled with Chai mix and cinnamon sticks. That was 10 years ago. Time flies!

Stay tuned as I'll be sharing more of the projects I created in the next few days. Inspiration Emporium will have all the new products available to preorder very soon. As soon as they are listed, I'll add them to the thumbnail links!


20 comments:

  1. Oh Shelly, this is absolutely AWESOME!
    Have fun at CHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb first sample Shelly. Can't wait to see more. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can`t wait to see more, as this piece is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW.....with a cup of tea in hand, I am scrolling through your work and I am just amazed at all the spectacular creations....all works of art!!!!! So much to see and admire....I am speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cool shelly!! congrats on the ad too, I love that clock its my favourite xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many congratulations Shelly, I just got my copy of Stampers' Sampler and there you are with your gorgeous assemblage clock! Love this latest creation too, you always come up with the most amazing designs. Thanks for so much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers! What an amazing creation... looking forward to seeing more!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. super duper Shelly!! love all the new stuff too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to see your cart uo close. I can't wait to see the rest of the projects from your CHA showcase,

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous project Shelly, love those little drawers, I see a huge spending spree coming on.
    Congrats on the advert.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh...my...Shelly..your work is amazing as always...
    You always put so many wonderful details on your projects.
    Love the new matchbox die...look forward to have that Die in my hand ;)
    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply amazing Shelly, what a wonderful project!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love your little matchboxes on wheels!

    Noreen
    Crafty Journal

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love your creation, you did a fabulous job!!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  15. A stunning work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this Shelly. Can't wait to get the matchbox die. Congrats on making the latest issue of The Stampers' Sampler. Well deserved for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning work Shelly. So looking forward to this release. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This wee trolly is the most fabulous 3D project I've seen & in the case of your work, that is something.
    I would die to go to CHA; it looks the best place on crafting earth!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!