Thursday, June 11, 2015

Eat More Cake!

Hi all! I came across this card on Pinterest that was pinned from a store's site and realized I'd never shared it on my blog! Sometimes there are so many samples that it's hard to keep track of what I've posted and what I haven't.

When I saw this set, I had no idea how insanely popular it was going be! It's such a departure from Tim's usual style that it took me awhile to figure out what to do with it. However, my deadline was crazy tight so I didn't have time to mull it over long. Thankfully, I came across a piece of cardstock that I'd used to experiment with Wendy Vecchi's Archival reinker technique (see the video HERE) and thought it was perfect.

I also had a bunch of Tim's new stencils to play with, so I used the Tiles pattern to add more texture with a Picket Fence dabber. I used the happy birthday sentiment from the Simple Sayings set and repeatedly stamped it on the background. After that, I added my bird with his little hat and stamped the perfect sentiment. So cute!

All the supplies I used can be found at Simon Say Stamp via the links below.




Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my crazy bird! I still have more of my samples to share - I guess I need to get busy and post them! :)

5 comments:

  1. A wonderful card Shelly, I just love those crazy birds and the background is beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Shelly, I just adore those crazy birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun Shelly, I love the little hat you put on your crazy chicken! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a happy card, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card Shelly! I think that the best thing about these Crazy Birds is that their stamped image doesn't "stand alone". They take the artist's creativity and imagination to bring them to life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!