Monday, December 1, 2008

Tim's Tag + Cyber Monday Sale!!

I'm sure everyone knows by now that Tim Holtz is doing another 12 Tags of Christmas this year. Yay! I love all the ideas I get from these tutorials - it's probably the closest I'll ever get to taking a class with him!

I had to improvise a bit since I didn't have everything to duplicate his. Plus, how is it really mine if I just copy him, right? Also, when you live in the boonies, you have to be a pro at making things work. The closest stamp store is 40 minutes away and I when I see something I want to try, I want to do it NOW (yes, I'm just like Veruca in Willy Wonka)!

For my tag I used stamps from Lasting Impression with Panache. They are having a HUGE Cyber Monday sale today. 30% off all their stamps. What a deal! I used one of my favorite stamps - the Eiffel Tower - as a substitute for the lamp post that Tim used on his tag. Since it's a smaller dimension I had to downsize my tag, so I had to do everything on a smaller scale. I used a flourish mask from Tattered Angels and Grungeboard letters. I really wanted the red Distress Stickles (I need to just order the whole set!), but my LSS was out of them when I was there. I devised a fairly decent workaround for it - I inked the letters with Fired Brick Distress Ink and then covered them with Martha Stewart fine crystal glitter. After it dried, I sponged more ink over the top which colored the glitter perfectly! I found the perfect color of vintage rayon bias tape to tie it with in my big box 'o sewing stuff.

Don't forget to head over to Lasting Impressions with Panache and load up while the sale is going on! Here is a list of the stamps I used for my tag:
Moon Writing 879-102J
Paris Postage 841-102C
Eiffel Tower 004-005I

9 comments:

  1. love the tag..i want to play along but have a ton going on right now..i will watch you blog and his so when i have time i can use the ideals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag. Love this one. You got a great effect with this
    Hugs J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's just as good as Tim's and it's all about making it your own. and I really do understand the "now" thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I like it! The ET looks great cut out. And the flourish mask is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag, Shelly. I am going to do mine today. And I may try today's too--while I have stuff out. Cindy T

    ReplyDelete
  6. I soooo want to play along with Tim too.... your tag is fabulous and making it your own is what it's all about eh :D
    Hope I get time to join in you have done a great job with yours :D
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tag! I want to play, too, but I'll have to wait until I get home and catch up with y'all. I think the Faux Designer Paper technique could be used in place of the mask here for a very similar look.

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh such a great job. Guess I'm going to have to check your tag every day too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!