Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tag Tuesday - Emboss It!

I was so happy to see the theme for this week's Tag Tuesday was embossing! I think we need a revival when it comes to embossing. I've heard it disparaged too many times as not something 'real' artists would use. Ha! I totally disagree. There are so many cool things you can do with embossing powder.

For this tag I used it in a couple of different ways. I did a bit of faux batik and then finished by embossing the poppies (from Starving Artistamps, I love this stamp!) in white.

I thought this little girl photo stamp from Oxford Impressions was the perfect image for the tag. She was stamped on glossy paper using Ranger's Archival ink and then colored with a water pen and Distress inks.

13 comments:

  1. Definitely a Shelly piece! I, too, love the things we can do with EP, and faux batik is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another vote here for embossing. You are right...lots of techniques to use. Love the contrast of the poppies with your bg! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, glad you liked the theme:)
    Your white embossing just pops, I love that look. Love your background colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on embossing powder. If you can use it to make lovely art like this tag, it's gotta be in every stamper's arsenal.

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. The white poppies are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh, love those hot colors! Perfect for our Hot day here. And your embossing is so striking against your background. Awesome tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is absolutely delightful.
    Lovely Tag Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't usually use "hot colors" in my artwork, but I used similar colors to your latest piece here on my 2nd MJ tribute piece.

    Love your latest here! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous tag with the bright colors and that precious little image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those white poppies look striking against that background and what a cute image . wonderful the way you coloured her

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those warm colours and the white embossed flowers look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable tag, and I like the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!