Sunday, February 6, 2011

Faux Copper Verdigris

Today I posted a new tutorial on the Gingersnaps Creations blog - Faux Copper Verdigris. I'm not sure what inspired me to try this...I guess it's a combination of all the things I love. First of all, I am addicted to my Cuttlebug and embossing with it. Next, I really enjoy working with paint to achieve faux effects. Finally, I love the look of metal - especially aged copper. But, where exactly does one find nice panels of perfectly aged copper? Necessity is truly the mother of invention!

Doesn't this look exactly like real copper? I love the patina. Who would think it started out as a piece of plain white cardstock?

I thought these stamps from I Brake for Stamps/Time to Stamp were perfect for the monthly theme - Royalty - and also fit the whole look I was going for. His wings were stamped on mica and adhered with Glossy Accents. The base is a piece of chipboard that was painted, collaged with various papers, and stamped.

Make sure you go check out the tutorial at Gingernap Creations and then give it a try yourself!

13 comments:

  1. I did leave some love on Gingersnaps, Shelly.
    But I will say again how stunning this technique looks.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrific Shelly. Thanks for the tutorial. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shelly,

    you are an artist as I like them !

    Really love this faux verdigris copper. it's one of my favorite colorcombinations !

    I hop over to see HOW YOU created this !
    thanks for sharing the technique.

    greetings from Belgium
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely piece, Shelly! You are so creative. I still think you should be on Tim's DT. You are an amazing artist.....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Off to check out the tute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Appreciate the info. Done well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For sure I'll be going to Gingersnap Creations next! I spent the whole Super Bowl working on a Gothic Arch. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic technique! Your work is lovely.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun technique and tutorial! Great project! I love copper! Congratulations on being the GC Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fabulous card, Shelly! I love your technique, especially as I am addicted to all things copper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This piece is just brilliant, fantastic, totally awesome, wow, what more can I say. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So awesome, thanks for sharing your technique!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!