Friday, July 3, 2015

Celebrating the 4th with a Patriotic Camper!

Hi all! Sorry I've been a bit MIA for the last couple weeks. We've started a big landscaping project and I've been up to my knees in dirt and plants! It's been almost impossible to tear myself away to spend time inside, but the idea for this patriotic travel trailer using Eileen Hull's adorable die popped into my head and I had to sit down for a couple hours and make it today!

I am so in love with how it turned out! Eileen's little camper die is so darn cute and is the perfect blank canvas for whatever occasion you want to celebrate. To create my 4th of July version, I first cut the camper out of white mat board. I adhered the paper to the camper body piece and then ran it through the machine again, so that I'd get the correct creasing. It also gives nice, crisp cut lines when you do it that way.

Next, I cut star banners from glitter paper using Eileen's new Banners and Pennants die and adhered them to the camper with Beacon's Zip Dry Adhesive. I used one of the pennant dies from the same set to create a little banner for my camper. I love how the die cut folds over to create a two-toned flag. Brilliant! Tim Holtz's Typeset die spells out USA, and the Rick Rack die from Eileen's Hydrangea set makes a cute border for my paper.

Before assembling the camper, I stamped the ends with Tim Holtz's American Words stamp (one of my faves for patriotic projects). When everything was decorated, I assembled my sweet little camper using Beacon's 3-in-1 glue. So quick and easy!

Did you know Sizzix is having a huge sale this weekend to celebrate Independence Day?! All of the dies/Sizzix products I used are on sale! Now is the time to stock up on all your favorite dies from Eileen, Tim, and more. The dies are available through the links below.






Before I go I want to share some exciting news with you. A few weeks ago I was invited by the talented Linda aka The Funkie Junkie to join the Frilly and Funkie Design Team. To be honest, I wasn't looking to join another team right now, but how could I refuse such a great offer?! I've been a huge fan of Linda's for years and am thrilled to be joining such a talented team. Look for my first 'Funkie' project next week. I can't wait to share!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. For those of you celebrating the 4th - have a safe and fun holiday!

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic camper, I adore it. Congratulations on your new DT too, so pleased for you x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently bought this die and haven't tried it yet. That is so adorable - now I can't wait to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, even though i am not American, I LOVE it!
    Your procect is absolutely super cute. I am sure you will have more fun with this camper die in the future
    and I am looking forward to see what a Halloween camper will look like!
    Meanwhile enjoy the dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek! I love this!! Life happened and I haven't been to your blog in a several weeks, but I'm now positively filled to the brim with inspiration after visiting your posts. You are such a fabulous paper crafter. Thank you so much for wonderful ideas and time well spent on your blog.
    Happy 4th of July!
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh Shelly, this is pure awesomeness!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!